Monday 15 October 2007

Alcohol is bad

No, I haven’t just blown half my bankroll during a drunken late night session at 50-100NL. It was 25-50!

Really, though; I’m just kidding. Luckily, I mastered the art of never playing drunk a few years ago. I can safely say that poker is the last thing on my mind when I stagger through the front door these days.

But really, staggering through the front door? Now that can’t be good! That’s exactly what I mean: Alcohol is bad!

So that’s it. I’m giving it up! It’s not that I’m an alcoholic or anything; I’m just fed up getting drunk on a Thursday or Friday and taking all weekend to recover! Hangovers aren’t really that bad for me, but I definitely feel the difference. I mean it screws with my fitness program; It fucks up my diet, and most importantly to the relevance of this blog—it makes be play very little poker for 2-3 days!

I know what you’re going to say:

“Why don’t you just drink less when you go out?”

Well, I wish it were that easy.

Look people…I’m British. We (the British), are well known as a binge drinking nation. To make it worse: I’m a Geordie too. At the end of the day it’s all or nothing (once we start, we can’t stop). Well, for me it’s nothing. That’s it. It’s over. Bababoom!

EDIT: I’m not saying that I’ll never touch another drop of alcohol again; just no more binge drinking! I’ll still drink at dinners and social events, but never again am I going some place just for the sole purpose of getting drunk. J

No comments:

Post a Comment