Tuesday 14 August 2007

Running like crap... but life is good!

So reviewing poker tracker stats I’ve grinded almost 11,000 hands this month and still in the RED! *!?”%^*! I here ya… but actually it’s fine. The game has certainly got better (again), so variance, downswings and breakeven stretches are bound to be bigger and longer. I’m actually really happy and not worried at all! Why? Because I KNOW I can, and I WILL beat the game. Not just that, but all other aspects of my life are going well too. I’m working out 6 days a week, eating healthy and constantly stimulating my brain. I’ve became a better person. I’m more aware to world around me, extremely grateful for everything I have and achieved. And I’m thankful for all the goodness yet to happen! I’ll be thankful too when ugly variance evens itself out and I go on a wicked up swing ;) Actually, it’s already happening. Today I’m running at 48.5ptbb/100. Weeeeeee!

Really though, poker wise I recently found a post from Brian Townsend (aka sbrugby or aba20) talking about downswings and breakeven stretches. He reckons that climbing up the stakes he had about 3 breakeven stretches a year, lasting about 20,000 hands each! Many people agree this is normal and looking closely at my poker tracker stats I probably agree too. I mean I’ve had Pocket Rockets, American Airlines, Bullets – call them what you will – forty eight times and only made pittance!

Well, I got some new books to work through too. Not just poker, but some real ones too! ‘The Game’ by Neil Strauss came into conversation and it now seems that half the Cardrunners community have all gone out to buy it! Or at least like me, ordered from Amazon. But hey… don’t you find that whenever you go to Amazon looking for a book, you always end up buying four? Hmm, maybe it’s just me. Well, they offered me this ‘deal’ where if I bought ‘God is a Woman’ together with ‘The Game’ I’d be saving some money. Then I realized the latest No-Limit Hold ‘em book was available now too (Professional No-Limit Hold ‘em: Volume I). Apparently it’s really good and a much easier read to Sklanskly, so I’m really looking forward to that. Oh, and I bought ‘The Poker Mindset.’ It’s more about the psychological side to the game, so something different I guess.

So Tuesday is normally my home game night. I started playing a few weeks ago with some friends on my buddy’s new table. Nice one Dan! Anyway, they are complete fish so the winnings will normally pay for my bottle of Bacardi :) Tonight I’m planning on introducing a 10p – 20p cash game. Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment