Saturday 25 August 2007

Professional No-Limit Hold ‘em

Yep, the book is here! Actually I only got the dispatch email from Amazon yesterday. They said ETD is not until August 28. Well, there’s the Royal Mail for you – good job!

So I’ve read the first 80 pages and all I can say so far is… YESSSSSS! FINALLY A GOOD NO-LIMIT BOOK THAT’S NOT IN SKLANSKLY JARGON. Actually there’s a lot of similarities with some of the idea’s presented in Skalanskys NLHFAP (Obv. cos Ed Miller is co-author). But finally it’s written in plain simple to understand English! Honestly though, I’m really looking forward to reading the rest of this book. So far I’ve only read the chapters on basics and fundamentals: Pot control, stack sizes, position, etc. The best stuff is yet to come! Even those chapters were excellent. Not really anything new, but a good way to reinforce basic theory.

So I’ve not played much cash this week. I tilted a few nights ago and not played cash since! Obviously I’ve tilted before, but this is the first time since I started this blog, etc. Anyway, I was frustrated at breaking even near the end of a 3 hour sessions (1K hands), so I played a few hands I shouldn’t have played and turned a break even session into a -$400! I have to keep telling myself this:

“Poker is all about decisions. Keep making the correct decisions and your bankroll will take care of itself!”

Decision, decisions!

Obviously I started making bad decisions when I was more worried about turning a break even session in to a winning one. I wish I had told myself that then! So don’t worry about winning or losing; just keep make the right decisions and the $$$ will come.

So what did I achieve this week (other than a kick up the ass and a lesson on psychology!)? Well I won satellites into the $1,000 WCOOP (World Champion of Online Poker) event and a $1,000 EPT (European Poker Tour) satellite event. Actually the EPT event is in a few hours. I’ll post here after I qualify :)

TB

No comments:

Post a Comment